Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Calling!!!




So about 2 weeks ago Kyle and I got called into the Bishop's office at church to have an interview. I knew right then and there that one or both of us was going to get a calling!! Well turns out I was right and I was the one that got a calling! The bishop said the Lord was still working on Kyle. =) I am now in Young Women's serving as the beehive advisor and I am so excited!! My mom, step mother in law, and aunt all have the exact same calling so this is going to be really fun bouncing ideas back and forth about what kind of handout to make or how to make lessons more exciting for the girls. My step mother in law and step sister in law have a website called www.greenjellowithcarrots.com and they have the cutest handouts, games, primary talks, and relief society ideas ever! you name it they have it so if youre in need of any of that please look at their website its awesome!!! I will be using it all the time because i really want to make things fun and exciting for the YW in my ward and I want to keep their attention and get them excited about the gospel. This calling will be hard for me in the sense that I have to teach like every week and that scares me but im trusting the lord that he will help me get over my fear and that I will do great! Other than that I am so excited and ready for this calling. I love working with the YW and even though I still feel like I should be in YWs it will be fun and I really hope they like having me as a leader!!

1 comment:

Goodwin Family said...

That'll be a fun calling! I used to teach the 12 year olds in primary and I loved it. They're bright, but still teachable and not too sassy :)